Watch Rebels Fight At-Ats in Never Before Seen 'Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back' Storyboards

My favorite concept art blog, io9, had a feature with some exclusive storyboard panels from Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back and they're a real eye-opener.
These storyboards show off the work of Joe Johnston (director of The Rocketeer and Captain America: The First Avenger), plus Nilo Rodis-Jamero. 
A lot of people don't know that Johnston was pretty famous as a storyboard artist. Storyboard artist Rodolfo DiMaggio talked about working with Joe Johnston in my interview with him.

Check them out after the break...






















The article on io9 has some great descriptions of the storyboards including some notes explaining why the interiors of the ships look similar.

Here's an edited version of the Hoth battle for comparison.


What do you think of the storyboards?

Related Posts

Comments

  1. Wow! That was really cool. I'd never before thought about the artistry behind story boards, but now I have a whole new respect for them. I love when something makes me see things in a new way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my goal Caryn. It's a real art form.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment